Welcome to the T-CYSA Coaching Curriculum
Some suggestions for using the site:
- Adapt the exercises to your world (the abilities of your players, the size of your practice area, the duration of your practice, the equipment you have, etc.).
- If an exercise involves players waiting in line, minimize the length of the line by running multiple instances of the exercise or have the players do something useful while they wait.
- Players should be challenged but they also should be able to achieve success periodically.
- Your observations of your team's strengths and weaknesses should play a large role in your selection of training topics. For example, if the season training plan has you scheduled to work on defending next week but your team missed 17 shots at an open goal in their game today, consider working on finishing instead!
- Explore training plans for age groups other than your own. Feel free to use exercises from other age groups if they are developmentally appropriate for your team.
In addition to using this tool, we encourage coaches to continue their soccer education by playing, attending coaching classes, reading coaching material, and watching high level games and coaching videos.
T-CYSA VP of Development
|Learn to play... play to learn|